Thursday, January 24, 2013

Tasting - Montes Alpha Syrah

Name: Montes Alpha Syrah
Variety: 100% Syrah
Region: Rapel, Valle Central
Country: Chile
Year: 2009
Price: $7.95 (sale)

Winery review: Blackberry and cola aromas are cool and collected.  The palate has weight and texture to accompany berry, mint, herb, and peppery flavors.  Turns more herbal and roasted as it unwinds.  Pepper and spice lead the finish.

My review: This wine did not agree with me.  With such high ratings and the server saying its the best value, I had trouble even stomaching it.  It almost had an aroma of soda.  Upon tasting this wine, all I got was the pepper flavor leaving it hard to swallow for me.  I wish to try this again later after upping my tastes, as I feel I was not prepared for a red wine like this.




This wine was tasted on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment