Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tasting- Maipe Malbec Rose

Name: Maipe Malbec Rose
Variety: 100% Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95

Winery review: Intense pink color with violet hints. Fresh red fruit bouquet, strawberry and cherry flavors, balanced acidity, dry and lingering finish. Excellent with tuna or green salad, pasta, spicy Asian dishes.

My review: This wine started with a light berry, almost floral scent.  I also got a hint of cherry.  Upon the taste, I got a very dry, lightly acidic dried cherry flavor.  It was somewhat tart and finished with a long lasting flavor in my mouth.  I actually didn't mind this wine, which is interesting due to my feelings on dry wines so far.  I would consider trying it again, and maybe purchasing it in the near future.

This wine was tasted on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment