Friday, February 15, 2013

Tasting- Lavarini Valpolicella Classico

Name: Lavarini Valpolicella Classico
Variety: 65% Corvina Veronese, 25% Rondinella, 10% Molinara
Region: Valpolicella
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95

Winery review: 65% Corvina Veronese, 25% Rondinella and10% Molinara. The red ruby color and the dry taste give this
wine joviality and cordiality. It is fresh and fruity, with lovely
strawberry and cherry aromas and flavors, with nice spice and
a silky texture.

My review: The nose gave me a very light fresh cherry scent.  This was followed up by the taste of cherry that was bitter but smooth.  I got some spice as well, but it left my mouth very dry.  I would consider this again later as I develop my palate.

This wine was tasted on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment