Friday, February 8, 2013

Tasting- Opera Prima Pink Moscato

Name: Opera Prima Pink Moscato
Variety: 97% Muscat/3% Tempranillo
Region: Castilla La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: NV
Price: $5.95

Winery review: This fine sparkling presents and intense aroma of fresh berries and tropical fruits with hints of white flavor petals. Delicate bubbles caress the palate offering a silky and pleasant sweetness well balanced by a crisp, refreshing finish. Ideal on it own, as an aperitif or with all types of sweets and desserts.

My review: I definitely got a citrusy aroma to start us off with this wine.  Then with the taste I got a carbonated smooth and sweet taste that finished with an almost sour crisp.  This is my first pink wine that I've tasted and I actually found it appetizing.  After the Moscato from last week, I was really excited about trying another and was not disappointed.  I would definitely consider buying and trying this wine again.

This wine was tasted on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment