Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tasting- Ksana Bonarda

Name: Ksana Bonarda
Variety: 100% Bonarda
Region: Mendoza
Country:Argentina
Year: 2008
 Price: $9.95


Winery review: The bouquet is floral and lightly jammy, with berry aromas and a savory note or two. To the uninitiated, this is a great introduction to Bonarda. Finishes solid. Very sweet, berry smell with some rooty undertones. Kind of dry, makes your lips pucker.
My review: This wine started with a dark fruit jam that almost reminded me of a homemade grape jam.  The flavor was a sweet, spicy almost meaty flavor with a heavy very dry finish.  The finish itself made me dislike this wine as it made me have to take a gulp of water, so I would probably not try this wine again.

This wine was tasted on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment