Thursday, April 4, 2013

Tasting- Ruta 22 Malbec

Name: Ruta 22 Malbec
Variety: Malbec
Region: Patagonia
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
 Price: $7.95


Winery review: Stout and dense from the beginning, with blackberry and violet aromas. Despite being a bold and dark Malbec, this is fresh and composed, with sweet blackberry and cassis flavors. Good on the finish, with candied fruit and caramel sweetness.
 
My review: The wine started with a blackberry scent on the nose.  Then after tasting it, I got a berry flavor, with a good balance of dryness and sweetness.  This wine was very complex with a solid finish.  I also got a slight hotness to it.  I would definitely consider trying this wine again to appreciate all of the different flavors that I couldn't quite put a name to.

This wine was tasted on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment